Wednesday, April 1, 2009

How my SUPW teacher handled this one girl

You’re probably not going to enjoy this tale very much if you didn’t study in SHS.
To appreciate the juice of the following story it would be necessary for you to read A confident lie (2 posts below).

Like I mentioned in there, Mrs. SUPW had a way with dealing with pesky brats. Her way of dealing with girls, however, is yet to find mention in a nationwide publication. Maybe our dumb politicians can learn from her.

Flashback: The year is 1992.
Scene: A classroom on the first floor of SHS. At the entrance to the class is a green metallic board that reads ‘Class1’. The corridor outside overlooks the basketball court. Two rooms away is the BIG BAD PRINCIPAL’S ‘chamber’. Now you know why they’ve installed the bell outside her office.

(Narrator)

The last two periods on Wednesdays was SUPW. I hated it. This one time, the teacher asked us to draw and colour the flag of any country other than India. The really fat girl who sat behind me drew a rectangle and put a circle in the center of the rectangle. She shaded the region inside the rectangle in red leaving the circle to remain white. She wrote ‘Japan’ at the bottom of the sheet and submitted it to Mrs. SUPW. So, as you can see, we were a bunch of bright kids.

Another Wednesday came by. It was SUPW hour and we all sat quietly and painted, with some kids dripping from the nose. It was this one kid’s birthday. She had got Eclairs (remember that toffee?) to distribute. By the time the last period came, the stock of toffees in the box must have reduced. So while the rest of sketched and coloured, Birthday girl took out 2 toffees from the box and walked up to Mrs SUPW’s table.

Birthday Kid (wearing colour clothes, and feeling important): Ratna Miss, it’s my birthday today. (extends the 2 toffees to Ratna Miss)

Ratna Miss (a.k.a Mrs. SUPW): Happy Birthday! But this is bad manners child. Go and put back both these toffees in the choclate box and bring me the box. I’ll take it from there.

Birthday kid returns to desk, puts chocolates back in box, walks back to teacher’s desk. Teacher smiles, shakes hands, wishes and takes 2 toffees. Every other child in class is pissed off because all the kids got only one toffee and the teacher got two.

The teacher has to go to the staff room for a while. She understands that the kids will kick up a ruckus in her absence. So she tells us to stop our work and meditate till she returns. Remember that old trick, fellas?

She leaves; and the 2 toffees are left on the table.

5 minutes later: Mrs. SUPW is back.

Kids are opening their eyes partially to steal glances and see if the teacher is in.

The teacher pretends to look surprised. One of the toffees is missing!

Mrs SUPW: “Who took the toffee from my table?”

Silence.

“I said, who took the toffee from my table?”, louder than the previous time.

Pin drop silence – everyone’s meditating.

Mrs SUPW: “I know who stole the toffee. If that person doesn’t come forward, I will put magic in everybody’s bag. And tonight, the one who stole the toffee will come to my house in their sleep and return it.” (She meant the person would sleep-walk to her house that night and return the toffee because of the 'magic' that she would 'put').

Everyone is shit scared.

And then:

She walks up to a girl in the last bench and puts magic in her bag.

(This girl is existent, if you must know. Revealing her name is not the best thing to do).

12 comments:

Ram said...

dude dat meditation trick i stil remember :)
but y she went 2 d last bench girl am wonderin!!!
n its nice dat u rememberin ratna MISS to much dese de's :)

Bhargav said...

Arjun, I'm expecting a sequel for this entry...

Narayana Swamy K said...

good old school days.. priceless!
By the way, its about time the readers got to know about the controversial "Half rape case!"

Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Easily I acquiesce in but I dream the list inform should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hello people. I'm really into shoes and I have been looking as far as something that meticulous brand. The prices for the boots were approximately 330 dollars on every page. But definitively I bring about this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hello dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices for the shoes are about 330 pounds on every page. But for all I base this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good morning friends. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching as far as something that meticulous brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are approximately 230 bucks on every page. But completely I base this location selling them for half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here arjunbs.blogspot.com. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Here is a fact for you. Research shows that nearly 70% of all United States adults are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Asking queѕtiоns arе actually ρlеasant thing if you are not unԁerstandіng anything entігely, but this piесe of writing gives fastіdiοus undeгstanding eνen.


Revіеw mу homepagе bucket trucks for sale

Anonymous said...

dog insurance Taking your pet out for a walk or for a simple game with the Frisbee can ensure a healthy workout for you and in the most enjoyable manner possible. Insurance coverage could include your bodily tests along with servings of the fee for spectacles and relationships.