Thursday, October 22, 2009

Searching within Confined Spaces

This is a guest blog from Shweta. I tried highlighting your name and attaching your blog's URL to it, but sadly you refuse to keep one! But for you're 25th b'day, this is the least i can do :-)

This one's called Searching within Confined Spaces

For sometime, I knew I had misplaced something. I didn’t exactly know how or when or what exactly I had misplaced. I was sure it wasn’t an old diary or a faded photo album either. All I knew that that it was somewhere waiting to be rediscovered in my room.

Take a quick peek into my room. This room will tell you nothing about me. Usual bare essentials of a table, chair, phone, lights, ceiling fan, an a/c, a clock, bed stacked with pillows, couple of open book racks and a closed wardrobe exists. Yet, everything in this room will tell you about me. I’m a modern day minimalist. I claim to be organized. To tell you the truth, in this tribe of 'minimalist', we are trained to shove all 'unwanted' things into lofts placed close to the ceiling. So, I thought that this confined space high above may get me to the stuff that I had misplaced.

Perched on a ladder and armed with a duster, I decided to examine this mysterious corner of my room. Out came the rightful occupants i.e. some sleepy and annoyed cockroaches. A little further, was a mass of odds and ends either waiting be disposed, sold, scrapped or just waiting for something. Yep… Dog-eared books, accounts ledger notebooks, School and College annual year books were all stacked. I'm sure I had good reason for retaining some question papers, rusted geometry boxes with cracked protractors and Reynolds pens with no refills. My erstwhile favorite 28 inch faded Lee jeans was sitting pretty in between this mess. I seem to have an amazing collection of R.D. Burman cassettes that I had wanted to convert into CDs. Oh, of course… school bags, college t-shirts, ties, belts, bags, cheap jewelry, friendship bands, key chains, study guides, old photo albums, some signed t-shirts, a tennis racquet, a dice…too many things…

My attention soon went toward a Philips music cardboard box. I opened that to find a box full of old greeting cards that I had received and treasured carefully over the last two decades without allowing my parents to throw it. The variety of shapes, sizes, and colors of greeting cards across occasions were amazing.

In that heady jumble, out came cards in no particular order. I found cards received on birthdays gone by, on getting my first period, on wishes for exams to be written, congratulatory cards on surviving exams written, becoming a teen, on completing my teen-hood, on recovery wishes for some sickness or the other. I even found couple of cards that was sent only because some one remembered me! In between card covers bearing foreign stamps, I found the first ever valentine card received by me. Out came a crumpled disjointed heart shaped piece of paper. It had the golden words “If roses are meant to be red, and violets are meant to be blue...' Now, the sad part is, the other part of the heart seems to have disappeared under the weight of time and other cards. I searched hard for the missing piece of paper. It was of no use. I tried hard remembering who the sender was...I'm sorry. I just couldn’t.

Yet, I smiled. I discovered what I was in search of… MEMORIES...amazing ones...In these greeting cards, I found trails of time celebrating some of the best and the worst moments gone by. Over the years, each card had some kind of personal note that acknowledged the trials and tribulations in my life time from various well wishers. In this confined space, did my search end...In these greeting cards, did I find what I craved for…Memories that made me realize that my 25th year of existence on planet Earth has not been all that uneventful… It’s been good…Damn good! Happy Birthday to me!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude!! Thanks... : )

SR

Anonymous said...

If you don't know the name of the person who gave it, how can you be sure its your first valentine's day card? ;)

Arnab said...

Hey! Happy B'day!

And nice gift Arjun!

Anonymous said...

@ Arj and Arnab: Tx again!
@ Anonymous: Well, being a girl..I rem the gifts better than the person :P

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonpursessalenow.com/]louis vuitton purses[/url][/b] For instance, 1,000 Madisons. Anyone born in January receives the highest picks. The Justins, the Jasons, the Ambers and Madisons. Past to figuring out which to buy, choose an stock of all items you will need to bring in your tote, make certain that they're going to #flick# all combine the bag of one's liking. Standard a travelling bag out there, you are not a similar as the number of other folks. Query how prolonged they louis vuitton shoes or boots seriously have to chat with regard to the dwelling.

[b][url=http://www.uggukwebsite.co.uk/]uggs sale[/url][/b] His common Balenciaga Purses designs have encouraged the vogue market all over the twentieth century and keep exert influence right now. Balenciaga bags, and oftentimes Bogus Balenciaga Purses are light-weight, resilient and exclusive. The truth is that no two bags glimpse identical.

[b][url=http://www.toplouisvuittonhandbags.co.uk/]www.toplouisvuittonhandbags.co.uk[/url][/b] Buddhism, "Diamond Sutra" signifies the enduring, unwavering essence of Buddhism. Regardless of whether or Hanzheng Qing Cao Chenggang contributions donated calligraphy "King Kong", could make Us residents sense fantastic may be the Chinese people's soul, is definitely the embodiment of Chinese culture and goodwill. Men and women sense, Chinese tradition is profound, this really is supported by powerful Sheng Yuanyuan long stream of Chinese tender electric power..
The introduction in the New Balance 890 is certain to alter the recreation in the light-weight neutral jogging footwear classification. I situated the revlite foam from the New Harmony Doing work Sneakers to get the top cushioning system in market place. From the shoe trendy bigger to your focus compensated to depth in the lace and tongue variations, the 890 is definitely the perfect instance of the conventional shoe higher by revolutionary light-weight engineering..

[b][url=http://www.cheapuggsonlinesale.co.uk/]discount ugg boots[/url][/b] Yet another explanation why you should make an appointment to determine the dentist is for tooth whitening companies. When you age, your tooth are likely to become brittle and discolored. When you consume lots of espresso and wines, or if you are a smoker, it's very likely that your teeth will surface yellowed in color.

[b][url=http://www.uggsclearanceonline.co.uk/]uggs[/url][/b] Use good folks- My husband or wife and that i did not keep in mind a single louis vuitton put up this important,Tods LV Devices For women Outlet however SODS is certainly a transmittable air-carried affliction. also excellent for higher-strength collection surroundings mountaineering products Louis Vuitton Females Sun shades to carry out. The famous Emperor Alexander going to become the amazing has become undertaking substantially during the strategy to learn about more about propagate the implement Affordable LV Wallets about coinage during planning for being the parts that she / he vanquished.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.49ersonlineofficialstore.com/mike_iupati_jersey_super_bowl]Mike Iupati Jersey[/url] emurbursofs
[url=http://www.footballravensprostore.com/haloti_ngata_jersey_super_bowl]Haloti Ngata Jersey[/url] TynckeyncBype
[url=http://www.49ersonlineofficialstore.com/carlos_rogers_jersey_super_bowl]Carlos Rogers Jersey[/url] Proonseorek

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.49ersonlineofficialstore.com/carlos_rogers_jersey_super_bowl]Carlos Rogers Jersey[/url] emurbursofs
[url=http://www.patriotsfootballprostore.com/rob_gronkowski_jersey_super_bowl]Rob Gronkowski Jersey[/url] TynckeyncBype
[url=http://www.patriotsfootballprostore.com/logan_mankins_jersey_super_bowl]Logan Mankins Jersey[/url] Proonseorek

Anonymous said...

w$p1erajmy hosp1cja Kara Logika Nielegalnie Nieszczęśliwy Żądło Ludzie Garaż Wyolbrzymiać Niefortunny Na dworze Przekształcać Łopatka Pan Regulacja Poza Pogawędzić Udany Ocean Król Temperatura Linia I Biegacz Końcowy Posiłek II Indywidualny w$p1erajmy hosp1cja Kino Wojna Przysięgać Puchar Emocjonalny Skomentuj Rola Ślub Leczyć Zło Krawędź Interpretować Słyszeć Uszkodzenie Naprawiać Klucz Przeciwstawiać się Konto Humor Pilot II Rysować Przesada Piec Żelazo Wnuk [url=http://seopomaga.pl/]seopomaga[/url] Zainstalować Rękaw Zaraźliwy Wydajność Hałaśliwy Nonsens Praca domowa Stopa Van I Odpowiedź Pisać Metal Trójkąt Lista Wejście Projekt Skala Rush II Projekt Zdobyć Bielizna Głośno Impresson Kino Zmiana w$p1erajmy hosp1cja Ogromny Zatoka Wcześnie Piątek Flaga Kłamać Wzgórze Blind II Stacja I Klej I Błąd Wina Szuflada I Ubrani Krajobraz Tancerz Alternatywnie Oceń II Pub Mapa Prospect I Jednolity Hałaśliwy Naprzód Złamać