Sunday, October 4, 2009

And then, you have these…

Here are two tales that I think you ought to know :-

How do you bring down the roof of a pub?


My friend was out with 5 other guys one evening in a pub in Mumbai. The evening was great with the music, the drinks and the crowd, until this lady walked in. She was extremely gorgeous, and carried the air around her that made many heads turn around. As she settled down on a stool at the bar, my friend and his pals couldn’t hold back from remarking to each other about the beautiful thing that had just walked in. One of them came up with the idea to pen some lines on a paper napkin and have it handed to this lady through the waiter.

The lines were well thought out and written out on a tissue. The waiter was called. The guys handed him the paper napkin, and along with a tip of Rs 30 asked the waiter to hand the message to the girl on the stool.

The waiter walked up to the girl. The guys held their breath eagerly at the table watching while the waiter approached the girl. He handed the paper to her while pointing that it came from the table ‘over there’. And then, he handed her the 30 rupees. He didn’t know it was his tip. He had assumed that the money was a part of the package.

I was told by my friend that the girl stormed to their table and yelled at them. It must have been loud, I guess.

How to make your way to the front of a concert crowd?


I think this idea, which comes from another friend, is pretty cool. This guy finds himself at the back of the crowd at an Iron Maiden concert. So how does he go to the front? He taught me a two step process that is worth sharing.

Firstly, as you start making your way through the initial rows from the back, there’s bound to be resistance from the people from letting you go forward. So, you say to them – “My girlfriend’s in the front”; and they let you move. But after a certain distance of advancing, the crowds become less forgiving and that line doesn’t work any longer. So here’s where step two comes in. You say to them - “My boyfriend’s in the front”; and they let you move.

He tells me they always oblige. Try it and tell me how it goes.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved the concert idea!!! hilarious!!!


And the girl!! poor thing... or should I say poor guys!! heheheh

Arnab said...

Brilliant!!

Unfortunately you weren't present at any one of the places to watch them first hand!!

Tarun Goel said...

ahahaha!!!
Poor fellows and Intelligent Fellows :D
Long time, no writings on the wall??

Arjun B S said...

@ Vidya: the concert idea was good, eh!?

@ Arnab: I so wish i were there to witness either of them!

@Tarun: Laziness got the better of me, man!But she left last night :)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha.....Though more than the awesomely hilarious stuff, am glad to see you are back :)

Spectre said...

This is some golden stuff man. It's deep fried to perfection in sunflower oil and good for the heart as well.