Sunday, April 6, 2008

Top 12 things I would do, if I were to start over again

With less than a month to go before I leave this place, I thought it is but right that I share my ideas on what would be some of the things I would do differently if I were to start all over again from 1st year at NIT-H.

12) I would care less about what others thought of me and more about what I wanted for myself.

11) I would treat my batch-mates as seniors and my juniors as batch-mates. I would stay away from the 'sir/maam' culture and would encourage people calling me by my first name instead (a nick would be far more welcome!).

10) I would get a girlfriend who lives in PGH. Not long distances. Not long phone calls. But a fabulous relationship with a girl that I can one day look back and say that “Yes! she was my college sweetheart.”. Life here is just so different when you have a partner, as against when you don't have one.

9) Exercise would be a part of my daily schedule.

8) I would work on improving my spoken and written English all the time.

7) I would read a lot more books than I did in my field of interest (outside of academics).

6) I would be obsessed about participating in national level events, especially quizzes, and I would focus on becoming a top of the notch business quizzer.

5) I would certainly pick up at least one art form – either singing, dancing, a music instrument or even a new language.

4) I would look for every opportunity to be an organiser of an event and I would do my part religiously.

3) I would travel around more often and see more places.

2) I would treat my projects seriously. I would focus on interning with an industry,a foreign university and a multi-national bank respectively in each of my three summers.

and the number one:

1) I would find the senior in the final year batch that I would want to model myself after and I would work very closely with him/her.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

why is this strictly for NIT-H students????? ;)
i guess everyone has similar thoughts just before they graduate :)

Coll days..... never come back..... best days dude!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think this list holds good for every engineering student :) .


Anyways awesome topic , and yet again awesome post !

Cheers

Anoop

Anonymous said...

GRT.. TOPICS DUDE!!!

Anonymous said...

1) Bang more chicks!

2-12) -do-



-That annoying second-year guy!

:D

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Final Year senior worth emulating?

No one I can remember from my first year :)

If my college days were a movie, it would start with a walk from Gate No.2 to Gate No.1 in the final year, interspersed with flashbacks from the last four years.

Yanni probably composed 'Nostalgia' with NITH in mind.