Friday, November 30, 2007

5 women in a man's life - The Fifth

Star Plus makes most of its money because of her. She is what every young bachelor shuns in the name 'fun'. Miles of text in history, literature, law and Bollywood story lines have been dedicated to this woman that each man deems himself worthy of. Lady activists would be thrown out of employment if not for her. Numerous jokes have been written about her, and an equal number have been conceived behind her back.

I am not qualified to qualify the 5th woman in a man's life, notwithstanding that I haven't made the trip there (yet!). But a look around has suggested beyond doubt that the fifth, and in my opinion the most important woman in a man's life is his wife. And here's the golden reason, with a touch of sarcasm: She's the one who wouldn't mind the other 4 women in your life. I'm told you make the 'journey across' with this lady.

So there you go; the 5 women in a man's life. It has been a nice ride full of introspection and some degree of concern(personally) in putting the strings of this series together. Friends have pointed out to me halfway through this series that there were women in their lives that impacted them and were outside the five I mentioned. The whole 5 women deal isn't to provide a concrete structure to one's love life. It is more an equivalent of the Shakespearian stage where each of us plays a part. As it happens, these 5 women featured in the lead roles for different durations in the man's life. Sometimes, like in How I met your mother, it becomes difficult telling the lead role from the supporting cast. Nonetheless, the journey always wins.

Hope I was able to send you down memory lane, even if it was for a fledgling minute. I thank you for taking time off to read my blog. Knowing that this url features on someone's address bar when I'm asleep gives me enough reason to put it up in the first place.

Have a great life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey B.S. you are impressive. Keep writing. I guess, using common sense while writing is what makes your posts interesting, and that is your strength. Keep going

p.s- Incase u change the URL again. Pls inform me. :)