Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Eating my own words

It’s a feeling of frustration and relief at the same time. Being as optimistic as I normally am about the world in general, and more so about the evolving tastes of dishes at eateries near (and far too) me, I found myself taking a rather one sided all-doom-and-gloom approach to the newly refurbished Central Tiffin Room. (Check the post below)

Here’s the good news guys: It’s the same. I’m even inclined to think that the dosa is better. Never mind the hike in prices, but full credit to the guys who’ve redone the place. The outside board looks catchy, modern and homely at the same time. This time around they’ve displayed 'C.T.R' in brackets below the obscure name of ‘Shri Sagar’. Once you step in, you can see that the ambiance has been recreated very subtly while retaining the antique smell of the place. The new set of plates and the waiters’ uniforms actually blends effortlessly even with the attractive, and importantly, legible menu board (not card). The hand wash area has been redone totally, and is a lot cleaner now. They still continue to scribble the total amount on that tiny bit of paper. Right, some things never change.

However, the back end operations seems to have slackened a wee bit too much. They’re keeping people waiting for longer lengths of time than before at the table before the food can be served. Have that solved and you have a reason to come Malleswaram once again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay ! Nice news ! And i thought i was never going to get the chance to eat the best dosa in the world ! Malleshwaram here I come ! :D

Sridevi said...

I want masala dosa :(

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Narayana Swamy K said...

He he.. The good restaurants keep people waiting.. its supposed to be good for the business. Kudos to CTR.. This reminds me of India coffee house in MG road, which i heard is undergoing a similar change

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.