Friday, March 6, 2009

Onde usiranthe innu naanu

I’ve been listening to this song at least ten times a day since Thursday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f2mRaBRl54

It’s from a Kannada movie called Snehaloka (Universe of Love), starring RamKumar and Anu Prabhakar. For those who don’t understand the language, let me add here that this is a love song (like duh!, who else dances in a forest for no reason?).

My van driver played this song each morning while going to school and I remember enjoying it, humming along from day 4. I was in class 8 then and I didn’t know the name of the song or the movie that it was a part of. And after I stopped going in my Van Driver’s van (no, he wasn’t Dutch), the tune continued to play in my head. It was one of those songs: you know its tune and nothing else. No lyrics, no artist, no movie, no album name. You love the tune and hope that someday someway you’ll get to hear it again.

Yep, this is that song.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aapdiya?
Ya you right, first thig that came in ma mind wen i read Van for the second time, it reminded for those FB players from NL :)

I have similar experience from Gym..but wait 4 few days, i will tell you the song once i continue my gym soon.

Tarun Goel said...

:D
No name, no lyrics, no album....
What a song :D

Anonymous said...

Coincidentally, I was looking for this song sometime ago after listening to it on radio.. Tried Google searches like 'Hade Kogile'.. lol

Bhargav said...

I have a situation very similar to yours. I know the lyrics and I have the song...in India. Not able to find it here.
Good one about the Dutch...

Bhavya said...

what' this i cannot even find the lyrics of the song.....What's google is doing.

Bhavya said...

what' this i cannot even find the lyrics of the song.....What's google is doing.